Monday, December 20, 2010

House Plants, Hydrangeas and Spiders

The house plants are flowering... either I'm doing very well, or they think they are going to die!!  Time will tell.



The hydrangeas are out more fully and looking lovely.


End post on the verandah has this Pandorea growing up it, which I quite like, the others have jasmine and ivy and a stinky fly attracting climber, none of which I am very keen on!!


We have a new chook tractor for the Rouen babies, Charcoal is still supervising their every move, and I still cant tell whether her maternal instinct is showing through, or if she's just keeping an eye on 'meat on the hoof'.  She definitely prefers the ducklings to the chickens though.

Its very cold today, and was super cold last night, only the ducklings 2nd night in the great outdoors and so I barracaded them in with every wind breaking piece of 'usefulness' I could find.  They seem to be doing OK, and were even keen to go swimming this morning, gave them enough water for a paddle, not a full on swimming sesh.


This spider is quite large, and in the wind, its web looks flimsy at best, very hairy number, and is on my list to avoid even though my spider bites were inflicted by a much smaller variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment