Monday, December 2, 2013

And Then There Were Three!!

Yesterday was the AAA Southern Region Christmas Lunch at the National Botanical Gardens in Canberra, having committed to going I was slightly worried that Tiana Rose would give birth in my absence and would need assistance.  I needn't have worried, she did give birth while I was away, but all went swimmingly seemingly.  She had a dark brown male cria, and we've called him T Rex!  The calendar says he's overdue by at least 18 days, but actually, he's slightly under cooked!!  He is a little low on his pasterns, but ears are fully upright, so not too badly premmie.


Aunty Vynka and Victor Hugo are pleased with the arrival of another playmate - good times ahead.


I knew that I'd missed the action when I came home to find the 'other' aunties all in the yards, instead of out in the 
paddock, Pearl, MidSummer and Medallion:


The lovely Pearl, a serious favourite!


Medallion and MidSummer are half sister… obviously 'neck issues' run in the family!!  LOL!!





We had a lovely time at lunch, nice food and lively conversation, and afterwards we took a stroll through a small section of the gardens.


Eddy multi tasking - providing perspective AND carrying my camera bag!!

















1 comment:

  1. congratulations on the cria! and loved the flower pics - recognized them all except the blue - or is that a tradescantia?

    ReplyDelete