Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New Silkies - Buff, Black and White

I really was going to be good when I went to Goulburn on Sunday, but I came home with more birds than I took - as per usual!!

We now have Peachy who is a very pale buff, very pretty, and Ivory, white, and some new blacks, Ebony and Witchy Poo!!




Collecting the eggs gets more and more difficult as the girls become more determined to lay in their own built nests in the paddock.  This is Petra, and I've finally found her nest, I've had only 1 egg from her so far!!  Seen here with Elvis who has squirrelled Saffie away... but I've found that spot too!!



And then there are the ducks that chose easy to find nests, lay their egg, get up and leave easy to find breakfasts for the crows.  Queen of Sillyness is Honey Barbara, who this week chose this tree as a nest site.  I despair of getting eggs from her this season!!  Is there much of a depression in the fallen tree?  No - the eggs fall to ground and smash as soon as she moves, Honey Barbara is pretty, but definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.


No comments:

Post a Comment