Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A llama massage

Edit:  Forgot to explain the title!!  For me, spending time with llamas is as relaxing as a massage!  I leave feeling completely relaxed, am nicer to my fellow road users and and can get on with the a smoother, nicer day, all because I got cosy with a bunch of camelids!!

This morning I went to visit Azzura, plainly she had an itch, that she just plain couldnt reach!!



I gave her a scratch and we took a stoll, but that itch needed more attention!!



This time I got to take the pics of a very happy llama, while Glynda scratched the itch!!



Now a thinking llama will realise that if you have 2 hands, you can be patting 2 llamas!!



This is Franco (left) and Fanfare (front right), they are the very personable little boys I fell for last time.  They are still very forward, and now that Franco is a little older, he is even more confident and very very striking.



Fanfare - looks and personality - nice one!!



This little girl is very sweet, and very calm, in no hurry to leap up just because I am walking around in the pen.  I think she's a Llapaca (huariso) but still has the lovely llama ears.



No shortage of cute calm babies, never seen so many llamas and alpacas sitting down, and staying down, even the babies!! as I wandered through the pen.





Poppy and her 4 day old cria



And young Thunder with his hugely tufted ears!!



On the way out I stopped to talk to the boys, they too look very different now that they've been shorn.



And WOW, look at Zambuka's spots!!  He's a lovely big llama, and very very spotty- what's not to like??  LOL!!






2 comments:

  1. Yes they are, and it was so nice to be there with them, and by myself yesterday. Sally (alpaca) is a well known spitter, but yesterday she came up and was very friendly, didnt push it though. And Whisper is a llama who not very keen on humans, but she also came up and poked her face in mine, wanted to check the camera out in case it might be a carrot!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete