Monday, October 22, 2012

Iris - such jewels!!

The iris continue to star, today I found some fabulous new ones in the side garden.  The apricot has fully opened and has 3 floweres on the stem - looks fantastic :)


Baby blues in the front garden



And new to the front garden this lovely peach coloured iris - several stems - to die for!!



And this was today's find in the side garden - how good is this??  Came out of nowhere - smashing!!  Love it!!


And in the front garden the sulphur yellows continue to do well :)


When we first looked at the house I was thrilled to see so many iris in the garden, but Freya was quick to remind me that there was a good chance they'd all be gone before settlement - I am so pleased that they were still here when we moved in - I am enjoying them immensely!!

1 comment: