Monday, November 5, 2012

Classic Yass Weekend, Quilts and Roses

This weekend was the Classic Yass weekend, and the Yass Quick Quilters held an exhibition as part of the celebration.  I had a stall to promote Phoenix Quilting and so as not to be idle I took a big quilt to hand sew the binding down - took nearly all of the 2 days, but I got it done.  It was a lovely weekend and the gardens in Yass are full of roses, as is Banjo Patterson Park.













The quilts were pretty spectacular and very well received.  Because it was a viewers' choice competition, the names of the makers were not on the labels.  However, if they had been professionally quilted the name of the quilter was given.   This quilt won 1st prize.



This is one of the quilts in the exhibition that I quilted.


This is another:


And this is the Wedgewood quilt, after the exhibition I delivered it to Peter, when Karen got home from work she rang to thank me and to let me know she is very pleased with it - on the bed already :)



This quilt won 3rd prize:




The Wool, Wine, Water challenge blocks - again viewers' choice, winning block was the sheep one on the bottom right.


The raffle quilt :



No comments:

Post a Comment