Monday, November 12, 2012

Roses, chickens and ducklings

The roses in Yass were superb, but I have some here at Mt Tanga too, and they are pretty good - although they may or may not be competing with more weeds than their Yass cousins ;-D




Really like this rusty red one:


Betty (Black East Indies Duck) hatched 10 ducklings the other day, and 2 days ago her friend Bertha hatched 2 - and I gave them to Betty to raise.  I gave Bertha a 'must try harder' chat!!  LOL!!  They look like little ants scurrying around the pen, most look pretty good, some might have white eye liner :( but they are all thriving.



Ginger is raising 7 Modern Game chickens, 5 white/cream (ginger pile), one black (gold or silver birchen) and one red (hopefully silver duckwing), and whereas Betty is not keen to let me even look at the ducklings, Ginger and her brood always come out to meet me - sometimes I bring meal worms and that's worth being at the front of the queue for!!



No comments:

Post a Comment