Friday, May 3, 2013

Autumn is here and Winter is definitely coming

Yesterday morning as I rode out the gate and down the road I met a herd of Angus cows coming the other way!  I moved off the road and let them pass and asked my neighbours where they were headed with this mob - just the other side of your place they said.  A little later, I noticed that the alpacas were all staring in the same direction, and when a cow moo-ed very loudly they gave an alarm call.  I took my camera and went down to see how they were coping with new animals in the next paddock... turns out they were all just coming to see how I was doing!!



Maggie hoped I brought llama lollies AND the camera, but unfortunately I just had the camera.



All along the creek the leaves are turning yellow, the mornings are chilly and winter is definitely coming.



 Misty has just been weaned and is in the morning lead and halter training group, she's doing well, but is quite strong willed and not included to indulge my wants ahead of her own!


A little more of the autumn colour - this is the Nashi Pear tree in the orchard - very speccy against the blue sky :)


No comments:

Post a Comment