Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ducklings!!

More ducklings hatched yesterday evening, and overnight in the incubator - 4 in all - and I was wondering where on earth I was going to put them, since I already have 3 brooders running!!   And they are all full!!  When Shake-Me-Up-Judy came out of the nest box for brekky this morning with ducklings in tow!  YAY!! Problem sorted.  Quickly set up a mummy pen for her, rescued the ducklings, gathered up all the unhatched eggs, moved Judy, added my incubator ducklings and sat back and waited to see if she'd take them.  She did, bless her.  I have one baby drying off in the incubator, it was just hatching when I moved them, and lots and lots of eggs, bit worried that some of them may be later additions from the other duck that was in the pen, so there may be a delayed and rolling hatch happening!!


No comments:

Post a Comment