Monday, February 23, 2015

Gunning Show and a Bathroom Visitor

Yesterday was Gunning Show and my very first time at showing alpacas.  I was very nervous taking the first animal into the ring, but got the hang of it quickly enough and I have to say, thoroughly enjoyed myself :)  Definitely hooked!  My new boy Sampson got a first in his class, so a very successful as well as enjoyable outing.  Many thanks to Jim Styles for all his help in getting the animals to show, getting them set up, packed up afterwards and transport home, thanks also to Ruth King for letting me take the lovely Zeena into the ring for a little more practise, and congrats to her boy Denby on his well won first place.  Foolishly I didn't take any pics :(

And now for something completely different, still animals though....

This morning I straightened the hand towel after drying my hands.... and in the folds I found a micro bat.  Now safely removed to the great outdoors!!  Not a great pic, but you get the gist...





2 comments:

  1. Good work with the show! I'm sure you'll see lots more ribbons over the years.

    How big is a micro-bat? Does one mean you have more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's body was about 4cm long, and yes, I hope we have a thriving population :)

      Delete