Monday, March 9, 2015

Spaghetti is Serious Stuff and New Arrivals

Yesterday when I arrived to visit Scarlett she was getting ready to eat lunch, a delicious meal of spaghetti and meatballs, which requires good fork skills and a steady hand to eat!







Scarlett decided the flash on the camera was pretty funny this week, and responded with a 'hands up, in the air' pose for each effort  :)



The family cat, Ninja, is a source of great interest, mostly she is pretty good about being gentle, but sometimes the balance skills are a bit lacking and Ninja gets a bit squished!!






I had planned to be a bit earlier arriving to visit, but before I left the farm we had two new arrivals, a light brown female cria for Yolanda and a gorgeous dark grey male cria for Narcissus.

I knew Narcissus was in labour when she left the yards after brekkie, and was watching her with binoculars from the kitchen when I noticed that Yolanda was also in labour, and had a head start on Narcissus.  When I arrived with my birthing kit things were well started.



A little assistance and we had our baby!  Good size, 7.6kg, by my new baby scales.  Very pleased with this baby as it is Yolanda's first ever daughter :)





Yolanda's cria was a bit spluttery so I held upside down for a bit for her lungs to drain.  I went to change my shirt and when I got back, Narcissus' boy was already born.  Also a bit spluttery, so some upside down time for him too ... and another clean shirt for me!!

Nicholai was also a very good sized cria, 8.1kg, obviously so keen to get a good pic of him that I chopped mum's head off!!



1 comment:

  1. Babies babies everywhere! SR is very cute as always. And it must have been very exciting to see the new borns. What a life you lead!

    ReplyDelete