Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Garden, My Birthday, Crias and Sunday with Scarlett

I spent Sunday afternoon with Scarlett Rose, she had just had a bath and was in her robe when I arrived, then she had a yummy lunch of meatballs and then some play time.









I HAD one lovely red nerine in the garden... Ruby fixed that for me only minutes after this photo was taken!!



Cushla helped my birthday along by giving birth to a black female cria that I have named Rosamund.


Later we had a lovely dinner at the Bowning Hotel :)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Nicholai is growing well:






And so too is Yvette, who is a quiet little soul, and not nearly as boisterous as Nicholai.



An early start this morning, Joeley was in labour but with a malpresented cria, left leg bent back at the shoulder and right leg bent back at the knee.... beyond my skill set to fix that, call for the vet, muscle relaxants and major manoeuvring, then presto, she's here, a little medium grey female cria.  Its been a tough start, her head and neck were very swollen after all Joeley's straining to push her out.  She's recovering slowly, but not able to stand yet.  Think good thoughts for Jemima, she's not out of the woods yet.



Collette was hanging tight with Joeley all morning, despite vets, cars and me also being in close proximity.  After the vets left I helped Collette deliver an enormous (9.46kg) grey female cria, Chiara.  She is a pretty little thing and is doing very well.




Nicholai and Portia are best buds, here hanging out with Pearl, but mostly off on their own.



Portia is beginning to realise that you should be careful what you wish for.  She was at Nicholai from the time he was born to hurry up and get into play mode... now.... Portia has to find her mum Pearl to hide behind because Nicholai wants to play  ALL the time!!  LOL!!





No comments:

Post a Comment