Monday, February 15, 2010

Duckling Update

Judas continues to have problems intemittently, but today only has a limp, so that's good.  Here is a group shot taken this morning.  It does not do justice to brilliant blue speculum that Joey is developing, but does show how big they are getting.

From the left - Mary, Eve, Jesus, Joseph (Joey), Rebekah, Judas, Ariadne (Mum) and Moses (still has a couple of pincushion feathers in the tail).  I think I've guessed wrong on most of the sexes, Judas and Jesus are girls and I think Rebekah is a boy... but I'll know for certain next month, when we'll do the quack/peep squeeze and work it out 'fersure'.


Phoenix is a Blue Fawn Call duck that I hatched from an egg from Cilla in Tamworth.  He has grown into a handsome young drake.  Seen here with Tash (Left).

No comments:

Post a Comment