Saturday, February 6, 2010

Water Garden and borders

Most exciting news from the pond this week - the arrival today of our first water lily bloom - I am ridiculously pleased with this achievement. The recent rain (125+ mm) has made BIG changes to the level in the Lotus pond, but this lily appeared this morning. No Lotus left in this pond after the introduction of ornamental gold fish. The heron has finished off the fish... next season I will buy more Lotus plants, the heron can visit anytime he likes!!



This little native ground cover never stops flowering, wish I could remember its name!


A gorgeous grevilla with deep dark red flowers, the tag has been washed out, so I cant look up its name either!! But love it, bought as tube stock and doing very well.



In the UK I knew these flowers as Amaryllis, but here they are called Hippeastrums, either way they thrive on neglect and as such are PERFECT for my garden.





No comments:

Post a Comment