Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Berry Auction and the Trip Home

Back from yet another successful but very tiring weekend at the Berry Auction - first time I've come home empty handed!  Very hard to sit on my hands, as there were some very very nice birds there :)

I stayed with Shayne and Brad - which was wonderful as always - thanks guys :)  In the early morning before I left I took some pics in and around their lovely house:












Shayne's muscovy ducks taking a tour of the garden with me :)




Minto, one of my very favouritist dogs - doing 'spin'.





Prior to taking the above pics I had attempted to get Minto to 'spin', get the background right, hold the camera.... all at the same time - this was the result!!  LOL!!  Something had to give, eh?



Shayne with some of her pekin chicks, later I delivered these babies to a lady and her 2 little kiddies in Goulburn :)  They were very excited about getting new chickens and this time, not all roosters!!




Took the back way home through Neriga, and that means crossing Oallen Ford - always pretty... and good if its not too deep to traverse!!






After Crookwell, it turns to granite country - I love it!  Huge lumps of rock stacked on top of each other, hillsides festooned (big word score right there) with boulders and the lambs leaping about all over them!






 A ewe and lambs crossing (or messing about in) Old Man Gunyah Creek.



Stopped at Pejar Dam, and left the car at the top, wandered down the downstream side and stood on a big rock that was very high up to take this one pic.... then got the heeby geebies and almost had to crawl off it!!  Hopeless!!  Pleased I managed to hold the camera still for this though!



St Barnaba's Anglican Church at Narrara, cold and isolated spot, complete with graveyard that seems to have a very high proportion of children's graves :(





This ewe and 3 lambs have been running loose on Corringle Lane for weeks.  Every second time I travel down it I miss seeing them, and think, good, someone has fixed that problem, but then next time.... and there they were again yesterday.  When I first saw them the lambs were all the same size, but I suspect that 2 are twins and the ewe is their mother, the other little guy has left his mother behind and is now 'dry' and thus not doing nearly as well.  Wishing and hoping their owner will notice them this week and return them to the paddock!!  (I've tried to find the owner, with no luck thus far.)




Home safe and time to enjoy watching some TV with my feet up - Kiki kinda happy to have me back ;-D


Tomorrow I hope to take pics of the new black alpacas, who are settling in nicely and learning about new things... like ducks!!  Today there has been a bit of ducks scaring alpacas, and alpacas scaring ducks which has been funny to watch!!

1 comment: