Monday, August 20, 2012

Wildlife on New Owners Day

Yesterday I attend a 'new owners day' at Accapacca, run by Jim and Connie Styles and Lavender Park's Ruth and Peter King.  Lots of good sound advice, and 'good practice' regimes and routines, practical demonstrations of toenail clipping, halter training, vaccinations and the whole nine yards!!  Came home with my head bursting with info and my belly bulging with excellent food!  Was so busy talking and taking notes that I didnt take any pics of the alpacas!!  I did meet an echidna crossing the road on my way there - stopped to make sure he made it safely to the other side - not a very co-operative subject when it came time for the photo shoot!!  LOL!!




One of the other attendees is a wildlife carer and she had 2 joeys with her.  One was very young and had a broken leg and was not looking all that flash, but this guy seemed to be doing much better and entertained us with his antics!!




No comments:

Post a Comment