Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hawkesbury Valley Waterfowl Breeders Assoc Show at Yass

On Sunday I had 5 ducks entered into the Hawkesbury Valley Waterfowl Breeders Association Show - at Yass!!  I had to get up before I went to bed to get the ducks penned before judging...... but really the problem was that I was woken by a certain cat prowling about in the middle of the night... and then slept in....... so I had 30 minutes to eat brekky, get dressed, catch ducks and get out the gate!!  Made it!!  Freezing day in Yass on Sunday!  The ducks got 2 firsts, 1 second and 2 thirds, so I was pleased :)  I carry my ducks into the show in a travel box, most other exhibitors carry them in one at a time in their hands!








Some of my ducks, in their cages, before judging.


Chumba - first, bibbed Call duck


 Sting - second, natural Call drake


 Tess - third, natural Call duck


Some of the sights around the showgrounds, ancient pine.


The pavillion.



And it's mossy steps.



And view across the parade ground.



1 comment:

  1. I learn something new every day! how to carry a duck. The lace work on the pavillion is lovely
    And congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete