Thursday, June 28, 2012

Kiki's first ride on the bike

The weather was beautiful yesterday, I decided to take Kiki with me for a ride on the bike, out to the end of the property and back - seemed easy enough!

She wasnt quite sure whether she like riding on the bike, until I put her off, and let her run alongside/behind... didnt take long for one small puppy to realise that riding on the bike was really quite a good alternative ;-D




The road home.  We didnt make it all the way to the back fence, riding holding a puppy in one hand is quite tiring I discovered, and when we reached the steep crossing, AND it had water in it, I decided to turn back and call that 'lesson 1'.



When we got home the excitement really started.... Skinny escaped as I opened the back door, Kiki and I chased/followed him all around the house, then ALL the way round the perimeter of the orchard.  Finally I caught him at the wood shed and headed for the back door.  Kiki was so busy watching me and the cat, that she forgot to look where she was going and fell off the landing!!  Her fall was broken by landing in the water lily pot, which luckily (?) I had topped up to very full the day before.  I put Skinny through the door, and onto the verandah so quickly that he needed (?) to use my hand for traction and sliced my little finger open from top to bottom with his back claw.

I rescued Kiki from the drink, my finger painful, bleeding and looking all the more dramatic for the extra liquid, the dog was sodden and very cold and I swear that was cat smiling when we came inside!!  Luckily we're all better now, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment