Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Geese, Black East Indies Ducks and the Long Paddock

Breeding season is getting closer, Gerald, my gander gets crankier every day!!  Goslings available in September.. with a little luck ;-D






This morning I let the llama and alpaca girls into the long paddock - nerve wracking!!  I cannot see them from the house, and while they are perfectly happy I've got very little done today because I have to keep checking on them!!!  There is a creek through this paddock so I'm terrified of Freddie falling in, or them crossing to the other side and finding the low fence that the last flooding damaged... need to fix that!!  Only saw it AFTER I let them through this morning, last time I walked this boundary it was fine!!

For their part the girls (and babies) think its fab, they ran, they kicked up their heels, hurled themselves about and enjoyed the freedom of a much bigger paddock with LOTS of feed.



 The views are good :)


Sweet Pea is due in September.. hope she lasts that long!!  She is ENORMOUS!!




Cant help it, Orchid is my fav ;-D




There is a very large daphne bush in the garden, it is full of buds and smelling absolutely amazing :)




Last, but definitely not least - the Black East Indies ducks are in their own pen now, and laying up a storm, fertility is excellent and I'm looking forward to a bumper season.  These are lovely ducks, medium sized, brilliant beetle green sheen and very pretty :)  Ducklings ( from show stock and < one week, $25 ea) available from 6 August, pick up from Canberra, Yass or Berry - contact me for details :)







No comments:

Post a Comment