Friday, July 13, 2012

Old Pics and Morning Exercise

Its been quite a morning, when I opened the curtains - running a bit late so light outside already!  I saw a fox slinking away from the geese pen :(

Couldnt do much about it, wondered where my fearless llama studs were and got on with morning feed prep.

After I'd fed the chooks, ducks, geese, llamas and alpacas I noticed the resident plovers were in full cry - next sight is not one but TWO foxes taking refuge from hell cranky birds in the creek paddock.  My llama studs were much too engrossed with eating brekkie to give a toss!  So its down to me, one banshee impersonation at full tilt ensued!!

I spilt the foxes I can still hear them out on the hillside trying to find each other.  I wonder if the storm and resulting high water in the creeks has cut them off from their den.

Came inside, now very late for brekky and the power went out just as I turned the coffee maker on - DANG!!!

So.... after glass of milk and bikkies for brekkie!! I decided to get on with some gardening for 2 hours till the power was restored - now enjoying a cup of coffee as I write - thank goodness!!

OK, now some more old pics:

My grandmother.


My mother, the photographer seems to have been very keen to include plenty of the surrounding garden.




Mum as a child, not sure why my grandmother would think one curl in the middle would be a good look!!


Mum at the ball.



Mum wrapped up against the winter chill, firstly in the coat she didnt like.

 

And the following year in the one she did ;-D



 This party pic is priceless!!


Mum's wedding.


Dad's sister is bridesmaid on the right.


Mum's mum on the left, and the first pic of my Dad's mother (on the right).  April 1957.



No comments:

Post a Comment