Friday, July 27, 2012

Lavender Park Visit

Yesterday I had a lovely time visiting Ruth, and the alpacas at Lavender Park.  I left Kiki home alone for the first time - and she behaved herself completely... no-one more shocked than me!!

The view from the verandah, splendid :)  Alpacas grazing happily....


 ..... and then the bell is rung, and like school kids they all come a-runnin'... Magic!



Joelene (on the right) and friend... have forgotten her name!!



Pretty sure this is Amelia... lovely blue black :)




And little miss personality - Loreli :)  Still cute as a button.



Got my head a lot better sorted yesterday on fleeces and their characteristics, there is nothing like some hands on instruction - thank you Ruth :)  Last time I visited the jury was out on what colour Amelie was, now very plainly black.... see:



This is Bella with her daughter Fairy Princess.  Even though FP has been weaned they are still very 'tight'.



Fairy Princess is a little stunner, lovely friendly nature and amazing almost champagne coloured fleece.




Cushla and Jemma :)




Jemma's daughter Joelene, dont seem to have taken a good shot of her friend  and Cushla's daughter Maggie May :(



There is no show without Punch, and while on my last visit my activities were supervised by the lovely Sparkles, this time it was Liam who made sure I stayed on the straight and narrow.





This is Maggie May, Joelene and Loreli's Dad, Kok.  He's very speccy, lovely nature, and super fleece.



This is Vicky, she's a super mum - raising her own cria and fostering another.


Not sure which cria is really hers, but both doing very nicely :)




The brown girls, all friendly and nice natured - as you can see from the background the weather was turning by this stage and I was anxious to get on my way - could easily have spent more time chatting... but off I dashed!


As it turned out everybody managed just fine here at Mt Tanga while I was gone.  Who knew???  LOL!!


No comments:

Post a Comment