Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Old Pics

Spent some time looking at, and trying to photograph - in the absence of a scanner - some of the old pics that my mother has.

First, my grandfather - Mathew Brandon Reid




Wedding photo, taken several days after the ceremony, my grandfather was wearing a shirt with stand up collar in the happy snaps taken on the day.  My grandmother, Elsie Ann (nee Larkins).




My mother, as a youngster and at kicking her heels up - look at those shoes! platform soles and ankle straps! - at the races.




Happy snaps at bathtime, my brother Phil


and me.




Me a bit older, at the beach at Lakes Entrance.




My sister Ruth at the farm at Bruthen, photo taken by me with my first little Kodak instamatic camera.  Later Dad got into processing and printing our own black and white photos, and that was good fun I remember.



Much later, but still at the farm, me with Lindy and Alan.



More tomorrow with a bit of luck :)





No comments:

Post a Comment